I will be playing a series of concerts in Germany and Vienna, starting on Jan 10. The first three concerts will be Lettow / Erel duo concerts with Gunnar Lettow and guest musicians in Berlin and Hamburg. The concert in Hamburg will be at the Klub Katarakt Festival. This will be followed by a Quiet Cue concert with Nicolas Wiese. In this concert, Nicolas will play his no-input setup and we will both play in a four-speaker environment, where we will diffuse our sounds in realtime using analog and digital technologies. This will be my third and final concert in Berlin before I move on to the Ruhr area. I will play two concerts with the Zeitkunst team of Matthias Muche and Sven Hahne in Cologne and Duisburg, with Etienne Nillesen joining us in Cologne and Nora Krahl in Duisburg. These two concerts will be warm-ups for our bigger project with ZeitKunst in September 2014 (details soon). My final concert in Germany will be at the KlangZeit Festival in Münster, where I will play with a fantastic lineup of musicians on February 1, following two days of rehearsals. After Münster, I’ll move on to Vienna and play a concert with Claudia Cervenca, Irene Kepl and Stefan Fraunberger at mo.ë.
- January 10 / Lettow/Erel duo and Pivot (Liz Allbee and Chris Heenan), duo and quartet performances, Sowieso, Berlin
- January 12 / Lettow/Erel duo with Audrey Chen, Miss Hecker, Berlin
- January 18 / Lettow/Erel duo in the Klub Katarakt Festival, Hamburg
- January 25 / Nicolas Wiese (no-input mixer, analog sound diffusion), Korhan Erel (computer, controllers, digital sound diffusion) at Quiet Cue, Berlin
- January 26 / Matthias Muche (trombone), Sven Hahne (electronics), Etienne Nillesen (drums), Korhan Erel (computer, controllers) at Loft, Cologne
- January 28 / Matthias Muche (trombone), Sven Hahne (electronics), Nora Krahl (cello), Korhan Erel (computer, controllers) at Djäzz, Duisburg.
- Feb 1 / Concert in the Klangzeit Festival in Münster with Amy Salsgiver, Mazen Karbaj, Yoni Silver, Ariel Shibolet, Gunda Gottschalk, Carl Ludwig Hübsch, Philip Zoubek, and Erhard Hirt
- Feb 7 / Claudia Cervenca (voice), Korhan Erel (computer, electronics), Stefan Fraunberger (dulcimer, electronics), Irene Kepl (violin) at mo.ë, Vienna